LEF AWARDS $116,165 to LISD GRADUATING SENIORS
The Lewisville ISD Education Foundation honored 161 seniors from across the Lewisville Independent School District with scholarships for continued education.
On May 8, 2012, the Lewisville ISD Education Foundation (LEF) recognized 161 graduating seniors from across LISD with 179 scholarships to pursue collegiate educations. The recognition ceremony was held in the Hebron High School auditorium and provided many scholarship recipients with an opportunity to meet respective donors.
In making selections, the LEF Scholarship Allocations Committee, led by LEF Board Member Pam Nelson, read over 400 applications from across the school district and worked diligently to match qualified candidates to various scholarships and criteria.
All applications were read and judged by blind review to ensure a fair and unbiased process. To see a complete list of the 2012 LEF Senior Scholarship Recipients, click here.
The Lewisville ISD Education Foundation also recognized six outstanding educators in LISD with fellowships for postgraduate education. They include:
- Daniel Eastman, Homestead Elementary School - recipient of the Dr. Jerry Roy Administrator Fellowship
- Amy Fox, Lewisville High School - recipient of the Minnie Mae & Mack Bogard Fellowship
- Angela Phillips, Wellington Elementary School - recipient of the Carolyn Vines Teacher Fellowship
- Antonia Torres-Betancur, Hedrick Elementary School - recipient of the Kitty Hudnall Fellowship
- Reesa Wilkens, The Colony High School - recipient of the Dr. Jerry Roy Fellowship
- Melodie Young, Forest Vista Elementary School - recipient of the Dr. Jerry Roy Fellowship
To learn more about LEF scholarships, please contact LEF Development Director Mary Worthington by email or phone at 469-948-2013.